Mind in Somerset’s Time to Connect – Mental Health Community Volunteer Training has been designed to increase community alertness of mental health and stigma in relation to mental health. This workshop aims to address unhelpful beliefs and attitudes, provide information on how to become part of a team of volunteers and run a successful campaign to make mental health a more acceptable subject to talk about, at work, at home and in your community.
By the end of the workshop participants can expect to:
- Have an understanding of Time to Connect and the background
- Have a clear understanding of what we mean by stigma & discrimination
- The skills to challenge Stigma & Discrimination
- An understanding what lived experience is
- Understand how to share personal experiences safely and understand boundaries and limitations
- Have an understanding of what is a successful campaign/ event
- Know when and how to access resources to run your own promotional activities, fundraising initiatives, and campaigns
- Understand what is involved in planning and resourcing events
- Have knowledge of Signposting and service information
- Awareness of volunteer opportunities
- Opportunity to become a TTC Champion within Mind in Somerset
If you have any questions regarding this course, please contact [email protected] for assistance.
This course is delivered online in 2 sessions.
Session 1 : 17th May 10am-1pm
Session 2 : 24th May 10am-1pm