Women First Project
Our Women First Project delivers Gender Informed and Trauma Informed support to WOMEN across Northern Devon who are rough sleeping, sofa surfing or living in temporary or emergency accommodation.
Delivering a weekly co located drop in service where women can get advice and support on issues such as Housing, Support with Mental Health and issues linked to domestic violence and positive relationships
- Access to gender informed accommodation solutions
- The opportunity to be part of a women supporting women network
- Access to training opportunities such as pattern changing
- Signposting and engaging with support strategies for depression, anxiety, PTSD and other mental health disorders whilst awaiting input from local statutory services
- Access to touch therapy including massage, manicures and much more…
The Project is designed to provide support to women on a variety of issues including;
- Helping you to find safe and secure accommodation
- Provide on-going tenancy support that is focused around you
- Providing you with support to recognise controlling and abusive relationships
- Help to address any anxiety issues you may have around your housing and relationships
- Self esteem and empowerment
Women First also holds a weekly drop in for women only every Thursday, 2pm-4pm at the Barnstaple Museum, you don’t need to book you can just turn up to talk to us, we offer drinks, cakes and the chance to be involved in activities such as art therapy and beauty treatments such as massages and manicures. Our team also provide practical support such as toiletries, sanitary products and food parcels.
We have designed our service with you in mind and have consulted with a variety of women who have experienced rough sleeping and homelessness, through this we have set up a “peer network” where women are supporting women to help change the way you are supported across all agencies… we would love to hear from you if you would like to be involved.
If you would like to talk to either Rhiannon, Emma or Lesley then please call us on 01271 371499 or email [email protected]
Women First is funded by Homeless Link Tampax Tax community Fund. For more information on how the project is funded please click here