Glenn, Service User Champion
Current Volunteering Opportunities
Treasurer: We are looking for someone to join our team of Trustees. This role is key to oversee the financial affairs of Mind in Somerset and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice. Click here to read more or email Geoff at [email protected]
- Court Peer Mentors: We are looking for people with experience of arrest, court appearance(s), mental ill health and/or drug/alcohol dependency to join our team of court mentors. Click here to read more and to apply contact Dave on 01823 334906 or email [email protected]
- Peer Group Facilitator: We would love your help facilitating our peer groups in Shepton Mallet, Crewkerne and Glastonbury. For more information please call Nadine for an informal chat on 01935 474875 or email [email protected]
- Frome Hearing Voices Group Facilitator: We are looking for volunteers facilitate our Hearing Voices mental health group in Frome on alternate Wednesdays 2:15pm-3:45pm. For a volunteer pack email Marc [email protected]
- Mindline emotional support helpline call handler: This will involve supporting people in emotional distress or just need somebody to talk to. This role requires you to commit to supporting the line two nights a month (8pm-11pm) and attending our monthly group supervision. Email us at [email protected] for more information or an application pack. To discover more please visit our main Mindline volunteering page here
- Mindline Trans+ helpline call handler: We are looking for people who either identify as Trans/non binary or is a Trans ally with a passion for supporting the Trans community This role requires you to commit to supporting the line two nights a month minimum (Friday nights 8pm-Midnight). Email us at [email protected] for more information or a application pack.
- We have a range of volunteer opportunities within our Somerset Suicide Bereavement Support Service from administration roles to being a buddy. Discover more on our webpage here.
- Admin: This will involve assisting with office duties, such as printing, laminating, answering the phone and replying to e-mails. For more information please call Nadine for an informal chat on 01935 474875 or email [email protected]
- Fundraising: This will involve supporting us with our fundraising events in the community or with partnerships we are developing. For more information you can reach our fundraising team on [email protected]
In order to volunteer, you will need to complete the application form below and e-mail it to [email protected] or post to Mind in Somerset, Unit 4, Houndstone Trading Estate, Yeovil, BA22 8WA.
Being a volunteer for a charity like Mind in Somerset is a fantastic way to give something back to your local community. There are a variety of reasons that volunteering can help to benefit you:
- Develop new skills
- Meet new people
- Enhance your CV
- Try something new
- Build your confidence
- A route back into employment
- Gain experience required for a course
- Build on existing knowledge
- Help in an area you have a passion for.