Glenn, Service User Champion
Current Volunteering Opportunities
- Court Peer Mentors: We are looking for people with experince of arrest, court appearance(s), mental ill health and/or drug/acohol dependency to join our team of court mentors. Click here to read more and to apply contact Dave on (01823)334906 or email [email protected]
- Peer Group Facilitator: We would love your help facilitating our peer groups in Shepton Mallet, Crewkerne and Glastonbury. For more information please call Nadine for an informal chat on 01935 474875 or email [email protected]
- Frome Hearing Voices Group Facilitator: We are looking for volunteers facilitate our Hearing Voices mental health group in Frome alternate Wednesdays 2:15pm-3:45pm. For a volunteer pack email Marc [email protected]
- Mindline emotional support helpline call handler: This will involve supporting people in emotional distress or just need somebody to talk to. This role requires you to commit to supporting the line two nights a month (8pm-11pm) and attending our monthly group supervision. Email us at [email protected] for more information or an application pack. To discover more please visit our main Mindline volunteering page here
- Mindline Trans+ helpline call handler: We are looking for people who either identify as Trans/non binary or is a Trans ally with a passion for supporting the Trans community This role requires you to commit to supporting the line two nights a month minimum (Friday nights 8pm-Midnight). Email us at [email protected] for more information or a application pack.
- We have a range of volunteer opportunities within our Somerset Suicide Bereavement Support Service from administration roles to being a buddy. Discover more on our webpage here.
- Admin: This will involve assisting with office duties, such as printing, laminating, answering the phone and replying to e-mails. For more information please call Nadine for an informal chat on 01935 474875 or email [email protected]
- Fundraising: This will involve supporting us with our fundraising events in the community or with partnerships we are developing. For more information you can reach our fundraising team on [email protected]
In order to volunteer, you will need to complete the application form below and e-mail it to [email protected] or post to Mind in Somerset, Unit 4, Houndstone Trading Estate, Yeovil, BA22 8WA.
Being a volunteer for a charity like Mind in Somerset is a fantastic way to give something back to your local community. There are a variety of reasons that volunteering can help to benefit you:
- Develop new skills
- Meet new people
- Enhance your CV
- Try something new
- Build your confidence
- A route back into employment
- Gain experience required for a course
- Build on existing knowledge
- Help in an area you have a passion for.