Glenn, Service User Champion
Current Volunteering Opportunities
- Evening service support: We are looking for someone who could give at least three hours a week to support our new drop-in service in Taunton. This role would require you to be the first point of contact for service-users who use the drop-in support service. Click here for more information or email Gemma at [email protected]
- Peer Group Facilitator: We would love your help facilitating our peer groups in Shepton Mallet, Crewkerne and Glastonbury. For more information please email [email protected]
- Frome Hearing Voices Group Facilitator: We are looking for volunteers facilitate our Hearing Voices mental health group in Frome on alternate Wednesdays 2:15pm-3:45pm. For a volunteer pack email Marc [email protected]
- Mindline emotional support helpline call handler: This will involve supporting people in emotional distress or just need somebody to talk to. This role requires you to commit to supporting the line two nights a month (8pm-11pm) and attending our monthly group supervision. Email us at [email protected] for more information or an application pack. To discover more please visit our main Mindline volunteering page here
- Mindline Trans+ helpline call handler: We are looking for people who either identify as Trans/non binary or are a Trans ally with a passion for supporting the Trans community This role requires you to commit to supporting the line at least two nights a month (Friday nights 8pm-Midnight). Email us at [email protected] for more information or a application pack.
- Reception: we are looking for friendly and efficient reception volunteers who would love to help us in Taunton. More information can be found here or email Dave at [email protected]
Admin: This will involve assisting with office duties and supporting our wider team. For more information please email [email protected]
- Fundraising: This will involve supporting us with our fundraising events in the community or with partnerships we are developing. For more information you can reach our fundraising team on [email protected]
After 3 years of sustained growth Mind in Somerset are recruiting a further trustee.
We are a local mental health charity serving the people of Somerset. We are part of the national Mind network, and, like other local Minds, we run as an independent charity with our own strategy, funds and leadership.
Every year we support hundreds of people managing their mental health and other aspects of their lives – now we need your help. We are seeking a trustee to join our board.
As a Trustee, you will be joining a charity in a strong position, with an ambition to build on our successes and growth over the last few years. We will be looking to build on existing strong activities and also by bringing in innovative new projects. We are seeking either a qualified HR professional(or qualified by experience) or someone with a strong legal background who cares about what we do and be willing to commit your time and judgement to helping Mind in Somerset develop.
We are a friendly and welcoming organisation and are passionate about what we do. You’ll be joining our Board of Trustees at an exciting time with lots of opportunities to build on our success over the next few years. If you have the time and enthusiasm to be part of something amazing, please get in touch.
We welcome applications from those with experience of mental or emotional distress.
If you would like to apply and/or find out more about this position, please Email [email protected]
Being a volunteer for a charity like Mind in Somerset is a fantastic way to give something back to your local community. There are a variety of reasons that volunteering can help to benefit you:
- Develop new skills
- Meet new people
- Enhance your CV
- Try something new
- Build your confidence
- A route back into employment
- Gain experience required for a course
- Build on existing knowledge
- Help in an area you have a passion for.