Glenn, Service User Champion
Current Volunteering Opportunities
Treasurer: We are looking for someone to join our team of Trustees. This role is key to oversee the financial affairs of Mind in Somerset and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice. Click here to read more or email Geoff at [email protected]
- Evening service support: We are looking for someone who could give at least three hours a week to support our new drop-in service in Taunton. This role would require you to be the first point of contact for service-users who use the drop-in support service. Click here for more information or email Gemma at [email protected]
- Peer Group Facilitator: We would love your help facilitating our peer groups in Shepton Mallet, Crewkerne and Glastonbury. For more information please email [email protected]
- Frome Hearing Voices Group Facilitator: We are looking for volunteers facilitate our Hearing Voices mental health group in Frome on alternate Wednesdays 2:15pm-3:45pm. For a volunteer pack email Marc [email protected]
- Mindline emotional support helpline call handler: This will involve supporting people in emotional distress or just need somebody to talk to. This role requires you to commit to supporting the line two nights a month (8pm-11pm) and attending our monthly group supervision. Email us at [email protected] for more information or an application pack. To discover more please visit our main Mindline volunteering page here
- Mindline Trans+ helpline call handler: We are looking for people who either identify as Trans/non binary or are a Trans ally with a passion for supporting the Trans community This role requires you to commit to supporting the line at least two nights a month (Friday nights 8pm-Midnight). Email us at [email protected] for more information or a application pack.
We have a range of volunteer opportunities within our Somerset Suicide Bereavement Support Service, click here for more information.
- Reception: we are looking for friendly and efficient reception volunteers who would love to help us in Taunton. More information can be found here or email Dave at [email protected]
Admin: This will involve assisting with office duties and supporting our wider team. For more information please email [email protected]
- Fundraising: This will involve supporting us with our fundraising events in the community or with partnerships we are developing. For more information you can reach our fundraising team on [email protected]
Being a volunteer for a charity like Mind in Somerset is a fantastic way to give something back to your local community. There are a variety of reasons that volunteering can help to benefit you:
- Develop new skills
- Meet new people
- Enhance your CV
- Try something new
- Build your confidence
- A route back into employment
- Gain experience required for a course
- Build on existing knowledge
- Help in an area you have a passion for.