Working for a cause you believe in and feel passionate about makes for a great workplace. Across our charity we are constantly building upon the services and support we provide and looking for new ways to support those who use our services. Two very good reasons to encourage talented and dedicated people like you to join us and help make our aspirations happen.
Here’s what our staff tell us about working for us:
I enjoy being part of a friendly and helpful team that really wants to provide good services to the people we support. Our Trustees are friendly and approachable and very visible, creating a feeling that we are one joined up team. -Glenn
Why join the great team at Mind in Somerset?
Some of the benefits of working at Mind in Somerset include a flexitime scheme, full initial induction tailored to the needs of the role, supported opportunities for training and development, an annual staff conference, a childcare voucher scheme, and a generous pension scheme.
- Reports to: Chief Executive
- Hours: 0.6FTE, three days/week (21 hours/week, not including commute)
- Salary: £15,000 (FTE £25,000)
- Pension: Up to 7% (non-contractual)
- Contract: Fixed Term until 31 March 2023
- Location: Based in Yeovil, but travel to Shepton Mallet, Taunton or Bridgwater as required (0.45p/mile travel expenses provided, less commute to Yeovil)
- Holiday: 12 days plus 4.8 days bank holiday (worked out pro-rata).
Job Context: Mind in Somerset owns two properties, one in Shepton Mallet and one (very large) site in Yeovil. Both require substantial (although superficial) renovations to make them suitable for our proposed uses. The Yeovil site includes twelve flats requiring renovation to provide commercial leases. In addition, we rent properties in Taunton and Bridgwater. All four sites will require upkeep and maintenance.
Job Purpose: The role will have two parts. First, providing repairs to the four properties: a broad range of craftsmanship and practical skills will prove useful when carrying out repairs or general maintenance on the buildings. The work can range from simple building maintenance to plumbing, carpentry, painting, or gardening. Second, development of the 12 flats in Yeovil for use as commercial lets. The handiperson will provide their own tools, with materials provided by employer.
Required experience and skills:
• At least three years’ experience in light construction, plastering, painting, plumbing, gardening;
• Completed courses in health and safety, heavy lifting, working at height (or we can supply)
• Ability to resolve problems and adhere to health and safety guidelines
• Ability to arrange and supervise other contractors or maintenance workers
• Being resourceful and self-motivated
• Physically strong – capable of working with machinery or moving heavy equipment
• Being flexible
• Good communication skills
Criminal Record and Right to Work Check
Due to the safeguarding nature of our work, the successful candidate will complete a disclosure and barring check (DBS) prior to starting with us. A criminal record will not automatically mean withdrawal of an offer, however to safeguard our staff, volunteers and clients, further discussion or investigation may be required so that an informed decision can be made as to your suitability to work with vulnerable people to ensure that we are not putting service users at risk. The successful candidate will also need to prove their right to work in the UK.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] by the 25th April.
- Location: Taunton & Yeovil
- Hours: 11 hours per weekend (5.5 hours Saturday and 5.5 hours Sunday evening)
- Salary: £9,724.00 per annum
To listen to and support the service-users in identifying what may be contributing to their current emotional distress and work through together what steps that they need to take to feel safe.
- Location: Taunton
- Hours: 35 hours per week
- Salary: £23,000 per annum
To be responsible for the smooth running of Mindline, providing support to Call Handlers.
Playing a pivotal role in supporting the development of new elements of the Mindline services.
If you have any questions please email [email protected]
- Location: Sedgemoor
- Hours: 22 hours per week
- Salary: £13,842 per annum
Mind in Somerset are looking for an experienced Support Worker to take on the role of Mental Health Wellbeing Navigator to provide goal focussed, Community based support across Sedgemoor.
- Location: Taunton
- Hours: 21 hours per week
- Salary: £13,800 per annum
We are looking for a highly motivated, resilient self-starter to fill this post of HR Assistant. This role will be fast paced with no two days being the same.
For more information and to apply please click here
Requirements on applicants
Please note that the vast majority of job roles at Mind in Somerset will require a DBS check to be undertaken by the successful candidate. In addition, two references will be sought, including one from your most recent employer.
We also have a number of volunteer vacancies available throughout the year. Volunteering is a great way to develop your skills and to give back to your local community.