- Working for a cause you believe in and feel passionate about makes for a great workplace. Across our charity we are constantly building upon the services and support we provide and looking for new ways to support those who use our services. To very good reasons to encourage talented and dedicated people like you to join us and help make our aspirations happen.
Here’s what our staff tell us about working for us:
I enjoy being part of a friendly and helpful team that really wants to provide good services to the people we support. Our Trustees are friendly and approachable and very visible creating a feeling that we are one joined up team. -Glenn
Why join the great team at Mind in Somerset?
Some of the benefits of working at Mind in Somerset include a flexitime scheme, full initial induction tailored to the needs of the role, supported opportunities for training and development, an annual staff conference, a childcare voucher scheme, and a generous pension scheme.
Project Worker/ASTF funded Mental Health Debt Advisor
Hours: 2.5 Days
Location: Taunton Deane
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
We have two vacancies, Project Worker and ASTF funded Mental Health Debt Advisor, which will be combined into 1 post of 2.5 days,which is to be worked flexibly to client needs. Both posts are for a fixed term of a year and one and a half years.
For details on these roles please see the links for the job descriptions-
JD Mental Health Debt Advisor
JD Mind Support & Advocacy Project worker
For further information please email Chris[email protected]
Deadline: Tuesday 15th July 2019
SUCH Project Therapist Assistant
Hours: 2.5 hours plus possible bank hours.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
Work independently as well as with the therapist to ensure that each visit to the Hospital results in the maximum take-up of appointments.
The tasks include the following:
• Help bring all necessary equipment into the hospital, and out of it at the end of the day
• Ensure the equipment is set up in the correct room, and that oils, data files, CD player, etc. are all ready for use
• Check the files of each patient and provide new client packs and MYCAW forms as required
• Collect from the office any relevant details about each patient’s medication (having first gained their permission)
• Adjust the appointments as necessary by changing times and/or patients so as to ensure maximum take-up of appointments
• Book in members of staff where appropriate
• Enable each patient to give feedback on their session, writing down what they say in readiness for a presentation of feedback to the external evaluator
• Assist patients who need help returning to their rooms
• Ensure all patient notes are completed, noticing how many clean towels and used towels there are (they must be kept in separate bags)
• Count and return bottles of oils to the portable bag, ensuring that exactly the correct number are returned (bearing in mind the health and safety of the patients)
• Return all equipment and files to their correct locations
Skills and aptitude:
• Good communication, listening and interpersonal skills
• Ability to be open, warm, friendly and sociable
• Ability to demonstrate tolerance patience and tact
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to respond calmly and appropriately in a crisis
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• A willingness to seek support when required
• Enthusiasm and motivation
• Ability to manage time and resources cost-effectively
Experience and knowledge:
• Some knowledge and an understanding of mental health issues
• An interest in complementary therapies
To apply for this role and for more information please contact Rose on 01823 334 906 or email [email protected]
Requirements on applicants
Please note that the vast majority of job roles at Mind in Somerset will require a DBS check to be undertaken by the successful candidate. In addition, two references will be sought, including one from your most recent employer.
We also have a number of volunteer vacancies available throughout the year. Volunteering is a great way to develop your skills and to give back to your local community.