- Working for a cause you believe in and feel passionate about makes for a great workplace. Across our charity we are constantly building upon the services and support we provide and looking for new ways to support those who use our services. To very good reasons to encourage talented and dedicated people like you to join us and help make our aspirations happen.
Here’s what our staff tell us about working for us:
I enjoy being part of a friendly and helpful team that really wants to provide good services to the people we support. Our Trustees are friendly and approachable and very visible creating a feeling that we are one joined up team. -Glenn
Why join the great team at Mind in Somerset?
Some of the benefits of working at Mind in Somerset include a flexitime scheme, full initial induction tailored to the needs of the role, supported opportunities for training and development, an annual staff conference, a childcare voucher scheme, and a generous pension scheme.
SUCH Project Therapist Assistant
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
Work independently as well as with the therapist to ensure that each visit to the Hospital results in the maximum take-up of appointments.
The tasks include the following:
• Help bring all necessary equipment into the hospital, and out of it at the end of the day
• Ensure the equipment is set up in the correct room, and that oils, data files, CD player, etc. are all ready for use
• Check the files of each patient and provide new client packs and MYCAW forms as required
• Collect from the office any relevant details about each patient’s medication (having first gained their permission)
• Adjust the appointments as necessary by changing times and/or patients so as to ensure maximum take-up of appointments
• Book in members of staff where appropriate
• Enable each patient to give feedback on their session, writing down what they say in readiness for a presentation of feedback to the external evaluator
• Assist patients who need help returning to their rooms
• Ensure all patient notes are completed, noticing how many clean towels and used towels there are (they must be kept in separate bags)
• Count and return bottles of oils to the portable bag, ensuring that exactly the correct number are returned (bearing in mind the health and safety of the patients)
• Return all equipment and files to their correct locations
Skills and aptitude:
• Good communication, listening and interpersonal skills
• Ability to be open, warm, friendly and sociable
• Ability to demonstrate tolerance patience and tact
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to respond calmly and appropriately in a crisis
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• A willingness to seek support when required
• Enthusiasm and motivation
• Ability to manage time and resources cost-effectively
Experience and knowledge:
• Some knowledge and an understanding of mental health issues
• An interest in complementary therapies
To apply for this role and for more information please contact Rose on 01823 334 906 or email [email protected]
Employment Empowerment Support Worker
Salary: £21,000 pro rata (up to 6% matched pension)
Annual Leave: 28 days pro rata (inc Bank Holidays)
Hours: 35 hours per week (short-term fixed contract)
Location: Based in the Bridgwater office, you will be working in the surrounding
communities of North Somerset and/or Sedgemoor
Application deadline: 3/5/19
This is an exciting opportunity in a progressive mental health charity affiliated to National
Mind. We are looking for a motivated and resilient self-starter to join our Employment
Empowerment Project. This service aims to support individuals referred by the Job Centre to
identify and remove mental health and/or wellbeing related barriers to work. As an
Employment Empowerment Support Worker, you will be responsible for independently
managing your own case load of clients. You will support the smooth and effective delivery
of this service by administering personalised 1-to-1 goal-focussed support to clients over a
period of 6 sessions.
For a full job description, click here.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] or for an informal chat, call Sarah on 07480322039.
Requirements on applicants
Please note that the vast majority of job roles at Mind in Somerset will require a DBS check to be undertaken by the successful candidate. In addition, two references will be sought, including one from your most recent employer.
We also have a number of volunteer vacancies available throughout the year. Volunteering is a great way to develop your skills and to give back to your local community.