Links & Resources
0300 330 5463
Support agencies for family and friends
- Cruse Bereavement Care A confidential bereavement service. Website: https://www.cruse.org.uk/ Appendix 2 24 Tel: 0808 808 1677
- Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide (SOBS) Offering emotional help and support to those bereaved by suicide. Website: https://uksobs.org/ Tel: 0300 111 5065
- The Compassionate Friends Charitable organisation supporting bereaved parents and their families after the death of a child. Website: www.tcf.org.uk Tel: 0845 123 2304
- Samaritans Charity aimed at listening to people who are angry, depressed and suicidal any time – night or day. Website: https://www.samaritans.org/ Email: [email protected] Tel: 116 123
- The Way Foundation Supporting widowed men and women under 51 years of age as they adjust to life after the death of their partner. Website: https://www.widowedandyoung.org.uk/ Tel: 01332 869 222
- Winston’s Wish A national grief support programme for bereaved children. Website: https://www.winstonswish.org/ Tel: 08452 03 04 05
- Help is at Hand Very useful and widely used resource to provide important information and support to relatives and friends after a death by suicide. There is a downloadable booklet that is a first line resource used by many Mental Health Trusts and community services.
- After a Suicide A thoughtful and helpful booklet for those bereaved produced by the Scottish Association for Mental Health (SAMH). Website: https://www.samh.org.uk Booklet: https://www.samh.org.uk/documents/After_a_suicide.pdf
- The Listening Place Offers free face-to-face support 7 days a week between 9am and 9pm for those experiencing suicidality. Self-referrals can be made by email or phone. Website: https://listeningplace.org.uk/
- Healthtalkonline: Bereavement by Suicide Thematically arranged clips of interviews with bereaved individuals to show impacts of bereavement by suicide and ways of coping. Website: http://www.healthtalk.org/peoples-experiences/ dying-bereavement/bereavement-due-suicide/topics
- Alison Wertheimer (2013). A Special Scar: The Experiences of People Bereaved by Suicide Routledge: Abingdon. Book with very sensitive accounts of experiences of bereaved individuals.