Mental Health First Aid 2-Day (Adults)
2 day course (9.30 – 15.30), which typically takes place several days apart. The course is split into four sections: What is Mental Health?, Suicide, Anxiety and Depression and Psychosis and is designed by Mental Health First Aid England.
The Mental Health First Aid two day course is commissioned by Somerset County Council Public Health Team, for whom we deliver. Developed in Australia in 2000 and now recognised in 23 countries, Mental Health First Aid is an educational course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help a person who may be developing a mental health issue.
Completing the course results in accredited Mental Health First Aiders for your organisation.
Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
The cost of the 2 day Mental Health First Aid course is £300* per delegate. Minimum of 8, maximum of 16 delegates.
Half-day Mental Health Awareness Course (Adults)
4 hours, half day
The course is designed by Mental Health First Aid England give an introduction around the issues of mental health and explores looking after your own mental health and mental wellbeing. It will also explore ways of challenging and rethinking the stigma around mental illness and give participants the confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue. Participants also receive a booklet detailing what they have learnt, a toolkit to support their own mental health and a certificate of attendance.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Have an understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma, alongside a basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- Have gained an introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing in the workplace
- Be confident in supporting someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Know where to guide people to further support – such as online resources or professional medical help
The cost for the MHFA half-day course is £125* per delegate for minimum of 8 attendees, up to 25 delegates.
This was a really useful course and I would certainly recommend it to other people
*prices are based on MHFA England guidelines. Voluntary sector and small/medium sized enterprises may receive a discount.
For all enquiries and to arrange a consultation please contact [email protected]