Mental Health for Sports and Physical Activity (MHASPA)
This course has been developed to improve understanding of mental health and it’s impact on physical activity. To raise awareness of barriers to physical activity faced by those with mental health problems and the tools to adapt sports and physical activity sessions to suit individual needs. The course also aims to improve confidence in starting conversations and challenging stigma.
Who should attend:
Our workshop has been designed and developed with support from Sports Coach UK and other National Mind Partners. We have listen to people living with mental health problems and people working in the sport and activity sector to create a practical workshop designed to meet the needs of coaches, sport administrators, volunteers and front of house staff . No prior knowledge is necessary as this course can be adapted and tailored to meet the range of experience within your learning group.
By the end of the course:
- Understand common misconceptions about mental health and how stigma and discrimination impacts on people with mental health problems.
- Identify the positive impact that being active has on physical and mental health
- Appreciate the barriers that prevent people who experience mental health problems getting active
- Be able to talk confidently about mental health and have an awareness of where to sign post people who need support
- Identify practical actions for making your service inclusive and accessible for everyone.
Minimum delegates 6, maximum 16.
For all enquiries email [email protected]