Managing Mental Health at Work (MMHAW)
1 day (up to 7 hours for full day course) or, up to 3.5 hours for half day course.
Format: face to face course delivery with a Mind-approved trainer
We provide an overview of mental health and people’s experiences of mental health problems. We also equip managers with practical guidance and tools to promote mental health and wellbeing in the workplace. This includes building confidence in providing appropriate support and signposting, understanding legal duties, and supporting people with mental health problems to thrive at work.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for delegates from all sectors of industry including: managers, supervisors, team leaders, HR professionals, business owners, Trade Union representatives, employee representatives and individuals who wish enhance their CPD. The course is tailored specifically to meet the needs of the organisation accessing this training through an initial consultation.
By the end of the course:
- Have a better understanding of mental health – good mental health and wellbeing, and mental health problems
- Understand common triggers for poor mental health
- Feel equipped to start a conversation about mental health and to respond to disclosure appropriately
- Apply Wellbeing Action Plans in the workplace
- Support people while they are off work unwell and when returning to work
- Take stock of wellbeing at an individual and team level
- Better understand the legal duties of a line manager in relation to supporting mental health at work
- Draw on further resources to promote wellbeing and mental health awareness within the workplace
For all enquiries email [email protected]