Managing Mental Health at Work (MMHAW)
1 day (up to 7 hours for full day course) or up to 3.5 hours for half day course.
Our training course is designed for managers, supervisors and anyone with responsibility for managing people at work, as well as those looking to enhance their CPD. This course is tailored specifically through an initial consultation and focuses on supporting the one in four of the workforce who will suffer from poor mental health each year.
Often the difficulty for managers is knowing where to start important conversations, so we equip them with practical guidance and tools to promote mental health and wellbeing in the workplace. This includes giving managers confidence for when they are providing appropriate support, understanding their legal duties and enabling people with mental health problems to thrive at work.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Have a better understanding of mental wellbeing and mental health problems
- Understand common triggers for poor mental health and how these can be present and influenced by the workplace
- Feel equipped to start a conversation about mental health and to respond to disclosure appropriately
- Apply Wellbeing Action Plans in the workplace and understand how to promote a healthy work culture
- Feel comfortable supporting people while they are off work unwell and when returning to work
- Better understand the importance of a line manager’s role in relation to supporting mental health at work
No minimum number of attendees, maximum of 20.
For all enquiries email [email protected]